New Vinyl for the New Year

Hope you all had a wonderful, enjoyable, stress-free holiday!  This year's holiday season brought in a new sound rig in our home ... a Rega RP6 turntable with Denon DL-110 MC cartridge, Musical Fidelity M6i integrated amp, and a used pair of MIT ATV2 speaker cables to replace a broken Audioquest cable.  So while I was on a vinyl hiatus for several months, I can't wait to revisit my LP collection with this new system.  I was also able to acquire a series of Decca SXL, Columbia SAX, and EMI HMV/ASD classical recordings from Ebay, a couple different online British classical record dealers, and my recent trip to Berlin, and I will be sharing my thoughts on these and more in the coming weeks.  Some of these I have heard their digital remastered versions and will try to offer a comparison when possible.  Stay tuned!!

Comments

  1. I heard you also acquired an obscure but in high-demand reference book about old collectible records. Can't wait to hear more about that and if you found anything valuable amongst your record collection both at home and at your parents' home :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts